Saturday, April 26, 2008

Seeing with Closed Eyes

Due to my ongoing explorations of dreams, a friend recently shared this poem with me and it made me smile.
I hope it will do the same for you. It is such a lovely thought to warm ourselves with our favorite dreams and fully savor them when they are most needed!

Frozen Dream by Shel Silverstein

I'll take this dream I had last night
And put it in my freezer,
So someday long and far away
When I'm an old grey geezer,
I'll take it out and thaw it out,
This lovely dream I've frozen,
And boil it up and sit me down
And dip my cold toes in.

More food for thought...

“It was the wise Zeno that said he could collect a man by his dreams. For then the soul, stated in a deep repose, betrayed her true affections: which in the busy day, she would rather not show or not note.”- Owen Felltham

“Seeing through the mundane and witnessing the sublime is less than an eye-blink away…”-Bodhidharma

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream…

No comments: